What a Day!


Art in the Arboretum came and went, and I have to say it far exceeded my expectations. Easily worth getting up at 5:30 to be there by 8:00 (in 40-degree weather) to set up my booth, which was sandwiched between a trio of potters and another painter.

Shortly after the event got rolling, I was approached by a group of judges who were each holding clipboards.
"Greensboro Beautiful," the first judge began, "is proud to award you first prize for Best in Show at this year's Art in the Arboretum!"

I couldn't believe it. My first show and I took first prize.

I had a steady flow of people through my booth and received visits from friends and really sweet people from my mother-in-law's office. It was especially nice to see my sister and her husband, who traveled nearly and hour and a half to see the show.

I sold nine works of art. It was unbelievable.

Next up is the Moses Cone Cancer Center event. I'm excited about this one, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment