Symphony in Yellow


 
Call me a feather-brain, but lately I've been painting lots of birds. I have just finished two paintings featuring my winged friends -- one to be raffled at The Business Journal's Women In Business Awards luncheon, and the other to be offered for sale at the same event.
   "Good morning, Red Birds" is similar to others I have done, while "Yellow Birds on Blue"is a step in a different direction, not only in the color of the birds, but also the direction of the branches. I really like the blue I mixed for the second painting, and would like to use it again in other works.
    As I have mentioned before, my Etsy site is back up and running. In fact, I had a couple of paintings displayed at an art show at the Radnor Hunt Club near Malvern, Pa. (west of Philadelphia). Someone there liked my work enough to go onto my Etsy site and purchase five of my smaller paintings. I emailed the woman who bought them to ask what it was about my paintings that attracted her. She said, "I like artwork that speaks to me and makes me smile." Mission accomplished!
   Here is the address for my Etsy page: www.etsy.com/shop/tatestreet
   One other thing: I will once again be participating in Greensboro Beautiful's Parisian Promenade at Bicentennial Park on Sunday, June 2nd. There will be music, food, dancing and, of course, artwork. Please stop by and say "bonjour."

   Thanks for looking!


The top painting has sold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment