50 Shades of Gray



I wanted to update an earlier post of this painting that I call "Gray Ladies." It is all but finished. I may add another window, but I'm not positive. I had planned on doing a posting about my influences. I still want to do this, but I thought I would go ahead and mention the inspiration for the style of this particular painting.
If you Google 'precisionism,' you'll be treated to a slew of paintings by the likes of Charles Sheeler and Charles Demuth. Both of these artists, and others associated with the movement, are precise (obviously) and even use mathematics in the creation of their artwork.
I don't go that far. In fact, I'm far from it. My lines are not precise -- not as precise as I would like -- and I do not use math of any sort. Still, I like the work of these particular artists and tried to emulate their style.
That is, after all, what artists do.

I hope you enjoy this. I enjoyed painting it.

Part II of "How Sausage is Made" will be coming in the next few days. Also, I'll post about my influences and a story about one of those influences who it seems has more adoring fans than she needs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment