Plain and Simple




Some time ago, I read Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee. It's a breathtakingly tragic collection of accounts of Native American tribes. It's beautifully and honestly written. For all the pain to be felt reading it, there's plenty of room for discovery, as I found. Turns out, I have a fair amount of Native American blood.

Shortly after reading Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee, I drove across the country. I stopped and visited several places in the southwest that figured prominently in the book. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

This painting depicts dwellings for plains tribes, not what I saw in the southwest. Either way, with all that's happened with the Dakota Access Pipeline and the protests at Standing Rock, this painting filled an emotional need.

And it seems to fit rather well with some of my other paintings. I hope you enjoy it.

This painting has sold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment