My first art show outside of Greensboro was, by nearly all means, a success. I was a little intimidated by the group of very talented -- and some well-established -- artists that were taking part in the Historic West End Arts Fest. However, I was well received and warmly greeted by many, many people strolling through the beautiful setting at Grace Court in Winston-Salem.

The weather was nearly perfect, albeit a little cold in the morning. My idea to create additional display space worked very well. As has almost always been the case, Kimberly's designer touch for setting up my booth was just what I needed.

I sold three paintings, which fell short of my expectations. Nevertheless, I met lots of very enthusiastic people. I enjoyed the varying comments and questions. I appreciated the attention from so many children. And I made a few contacts that I hope will blossom into other opportunities.

For now, though, I am exhausted. Next up is Art in the Arboretum on Sun., Oct. 6.

0 comments:

Post a Comment